AccessArt is an Arts Award Supporter

AccessArt supports all levels of Arts Award.

Pls choose your level and find out more about how we can help you.

 

 

AccessArt is an Arts Award Supporter

As an organisation, AccessArt has a strong presence in the Cambridgeshire area where we lead physical workshops, but we also have a very substantial national and global following benefitting from our unique collection of online resources.

Many of the benefits of AccessArt are delivered digitally (via our website), which means that Arts Award students can benefit wherever they may live. This is of particular value to those who are more isolated (geographically, socially or financially).

In essence, we are a very flexible, proactive organisation, with unqiue skills and offerings, so please contact us to discuss any ideas you may have, or to be fed with ideas by AccessArt, and let’s see where we can take your Arts Award students! 

Introductory award which is not a formal qualification.
Introductory award which is not a formal qualification.

 

Arts Award Explore is found in primary schools and children’s arts projects. It’s also offered to children with special needs and young people facing challenges.
Arts Award Explore is found in primary schools and children’s arts projects. It’s also offered to children with special needs and young people facing challenges.
  • AccessArt can inspire and enable young people to take part in a range if visual arts activities and create their own artwork, via our unique collection of over 500 resources. Crucially, as the resources are available digitally via the website, they can be used by children and young people wherever you live, to inspire high quality activity. All the resources are based upon tried and tested artist-inspired or artist-led ideas. Each resource is beautifully illustrated providing all the information you need to try the activity in your own time and space. About 40 % of our resources are free to access – the other 60% are behind a membership wall. Membership rates are kept low and we have many hundreds of schools across the country as members.

    Children and young people can use AccessArt to explore artists work and approaches remotely, and we can work directly with children to enable them to research arts and arts education.

    AccessArt can help students present their exploration via a blog post which will appear on our website. We can also help them facilitate and manage feedback and discussion around their presentation. Please email us at [email protected].


 

Bronze is currently the most popular award, with nearly 20,000 young people
achieving it every year. It’s often run with whole classes at Key Stage 3 in schools, and widely offered in arts organisations, youth projects and youth justice programmes.
Bronze is currently the most popular award, with nearly 20,000 young people achieving it every year. It’s often run with whole classes at Key Stage 3 in schools, and widely offered in arts organisations, youth projects and youth justice programmes.
  • AccessArt can inspire and enable young people to take part in a range of visual arts activities and create their own artwork, via our unique collection of over 500 resources. Crucially, as the resources are available digitally via the website, they can be used by children and young people wherever they live, to inspire high quality activity. All the resources are based upon tried and tested artist-inspired or artist-led ideas. Each resource is beautifully illustrated providing all the information you need to try the activity in your own time and space. About 40 % of our resources are free to access – the other 60% are behind a membership wall. Membership rates are kept low and we have many hundreds of schools across the country as members.

    We can help support students to find inspiration in artists via our 40 Artist Educator Project and I am AccessArt. Also many of our resources are contributed by artists who share their creative practices as part of their educational practice.

    We can work directly with students to enable them to create a blog post or resource which shares their skills, and becomes part of our collection of resources to inspire others. This is a very powerful way for students to share their skills, in a professional environment. Please email us at [email protected]


 

Silver is a step up, and expects young people to take more responsibility
for their progress.
Silver is a step up, and expects young people to take more responsibility for their progress.
  • AccessArt believes strongly in raising aspirations and expectations, and our 500+ resources are sure to enable students of all ages to challenge themselves artistically. Students can search all resources via material or subject, to learn new skills and experience new ways of looking at the world.

    AccessArt can help provide students with an opportunity to research how an arts organisation operates, and how artists skills are valued and shared in the workplace. We can work with students local to our area (Cambridge) or beyond via email.

    The AccessArt resources can be reviewed quickly and easily by others by the comments box, providing the perfect opportunity for students to review work in a safe, public online arena. AccessArt can also offer students the opportunity to publish their reviews of external work to a national audience via the AccessArt website.

    Students can explore and demonstrate arts leadership skills by working with AccessArt to create an online resource for the benefit of others. We can also work with students to facilitate an online participatory project of their choosing/creation. Please email us at [email protected]


 

Gold treats the young person as
a ‘young creative’ and expects
experimentation, opinions and an
arts project.
Gold treats the young person as a ‘young creative’ and expects experimentation, opinions and an arts project.
  • AccessArt can help more advanced students the opportunity to extend their creative practice through remote collaboration with other artists. Using our collection of online resources students can develop work which is both influenced by, and fed by other artists. In particular our online courses provide the opportunity for older students to upload work, produced as a result of assignments, and then receive feedback from peers and artists.

    AccessArt can provide opportunities for students to research and review other artists. Our 40 Artist Educator project provides examples of artists who share their creative practice via education, providing an excellent starting point for students.

    Young creatives will find plenty of content on the AccessArt website to inspire them to think about current issues in art and education. By creating an arena for safe online debate, we can help student form views and then publish these views via the site to a local, national and global audience.

    AccessArt can offer students local to the Cambridgeshire area the opportunity to be involved in the wider arts community, through one-off placements or shadowing of workshops.

    Young creatives can work with AccessArt to devise their own projects with our audiences – with AccessArt providing a supportive environment for these projects to take place in a digital arena. Please email us at [email protected]