Be an AccessArt Star!
Find out how you can nominate a teacher or artist for an AccessArt Star!
AccessArt Stars are simply a way of celebrating and acknowledging those artists, facilitators and teachers who work everyday to enhance the creative vibrancy of their setting, whether it be a school, hospital or elsewhere, and who deserve public acknowledgment for the work that they are doing at grass roots level in visual arts education!
We know there are many many people across the UK and overseas who are extremely committed to visual arts practice and education, and who keep working hard to inspire and enthuse new generations and share their skills, with great results.
We want to celebrate commitment and say “Thank you – you’re doing a great job – please keep going.”
AccessArt Stars demonstrate the sheer number and energy of people, often working very quietly and with little support, who are committed to, and who value, arts education. Please join us!
Here’s how it works…
1) You make a nomination, and if you like, encourage your audience/users to nominate you too!
2) We send out AccessArt Stars by email to selected recipients
3) Receivers of AccessArt Stars are able to “stick” their stars wherever they wish, and are invited to make their own nominations
AccessArt will be sending out some surprise stars by email, to people who we think deserve them, but we really need YOUR help in searching out those special people! Please help us by nominating people who you think shine out with their enthusiasm and action. And yes please, you CAN nominate yourself (in fact we’d love that – we think that would be very healthy!).
Please note you don’t need to receive more than one nomination to earn a Star.
Nominees might be:
- artist/educators or facilitators who have shown particular commitment to the creative vibrancy of their setting by teaching and integrating visual arts skills into their practice
- teachers who have demonstrated particular commitment or innovation in their teaching
- museum & gallery educators, and adults working in arts organisations who have supported and initiated exciting visual arts education projects
- parents/carers who have put time and energy into inspiring creativity in children
- young people aged 16+ who are demonstrating a particular talent or inclination towards arts education
- from any part of the globe!
Don’t forget we need your help to tell us who these people are!
Please make your nominations below – thank you!
Please use this form to make your nomination!