The World Needs Your Creativity!
Animation Competition for Ages 11 to 15
Make and submit an animation and win prizes!
Make a short animation, alone or with your friends, and enter to win the opportunity to have your animation included in the opening sequences of a larger animation made by the #BeACreativeProducer team, which will be launched at Cambridge Junction in February 2019!
Winners will also receive voucher prizes! The winner will receive £100 worth of vouchers, and the runner-up £75!
Click for more info
What Is the Brief?
- The animation should include the words: “The World Needs Your Creativity”.
- The animation should communicate, or celebrate, why the world needs teenage creativity.
- The animation you submit should be 20 to 40 seconds long.
- The work must be your own and you must have permission to use all imagery and sound (including music).
- Find more information and inspiration about how you might create your animation here
Who Can Enter?
- Teenagers aged 11 to 15.
- Working alone, or in small teams of 2 to 5.
- You must live in the UK.
- Entries can come from school, community or arts organisation groups, or from families at home.
- You don’t need to have any previous animation experience.
What Are The Prizes?
Henry’s Odyssey Prize
The winning animation will be included in the opening sequences of the #BeACreativeProducer animation to be launched at Cambridge Junction in February 2019. The winning individual or team will also receive a total of £100 of voucher prizes.
The animation produced by the runner up will be included in the closing sequences of the #BeACreativeProducer animation to be launched at Cambridge Junction in February 2019. The runner up will also receive a total of £75 of voucher prizes.
Who Are The Judges?
The competition will be judged by the original #BeACreativeProducer team of teenagers, with the help and guidance of Paula Briggs, Co-Director of AccessArt.
What Is The Closing Deadline?
The closing deadline for receipt of entries is 10pm GMT 20th January 2019
See below for the entry procedure.
Background To The Competition
During 2018, five 13 year old teenagers have been working with Paula Briggs from AccessArt to combine their skills in the visual arts, craft, dance, drama, music (playing and composition) to make a series of animations which they hope will inspire other teenagers to recognise and value their creativity. As part of this project, and as a way of opening up opportunities to new audiences, the #BeACreativeProducer team have devised this competition to encourage other teenagers to come together to make their own animation. Find out more about the original #BeACreativeProducer project.
3 Easy Steps To Enter
1. Register to receive an Entry Form by email
This form should be filled in by the Parent, Guardian or Teacher
2. Be Inspired & Make Your Animation
Click here to see ideas and inspiration.
3. Send your Animation & Entry Form!
You can submit your entry in one of 2 ways…
1) You can email your finished animation to [email protected], together with your entry form (which will be emailed to you when you register above).
2) Or, you can upload your animation to Instagram. If you choose this option you MUST tag the animation with the #BeACreativeProducer tag, and send a completed entry form, including your Instagram account name to [email protected]
The deadline for receipt of entries is 10pm GMT 20th January 2019.
Please email [email protected] with any questions!
Terms & Conditions
Competition Terms & Conditions