Now FULL. Please join our mailing list, using the fields below, to be kept up-to-date with AccessArt and future events and training sessions.
A free CPD session for Cambridgeshire based primary school teachers, across the key stages, and art coordinators ~ inspired by the plants and animals of Lost Words (by Robert Macfarlane & Jackie Morris)
This Meet and Make session is part of the Brilliant Makers initiative, by AccessArt, to promote and support making in local, Cambridge/shire primary schools.
This will be an informal and fun, hands-on making session and is aimed at teachers with an interest in making ~ including sculpture, DT, craft and 3D modelling.
Teachers will have a chance to find out more about local CPD offers for creative development and a chance to meet like minded teachers and colleagues from local organisations.
Each school can collect their free copy of The Lost Words book, as part of the CCI campaign to get copies of this book in every primary school in the County.
Where: Arbury Primary School, Carlton Way, Cambridge CB4 2DE (map)
On: Thursday 11th October 2018,
4pm until 6pm
To book your free place – please email email@example.com – *places limited to two teachers per school ~ places limited.
Who’ll be there:
• AccessArt – promoters/campaigners for making and resource providers – launching Brilliant Makers – A network of local (and beyond) teachers and organisations who care about giving children more hands-on making opportunities.
• Arbury Primary School ~ Eilis Hanson – “Brilliant!” year three teacher, and Diane Rawlins, deputy head: How and Why Brilliant Makers at Arbury Primary School.
• Ruth Sapsed from CCI (Cambridge Curiosity and Imagination) – Promoter of Lost Words and creative experiences in nature – This evening will be a chance to collect your school’s copy of Lost Words and chat with Ruth about CCI’s offer
• Kate Noble from the Fitzwilliam Education Team, will provide “handling objects” inspired by the natural world, to show how UCM collections might inspire making in the classroom
• Kelly Baldwin from Cambridge Community Scrapstore – Will contribute materials to the session and share more about this amazing materials resource right here on our doorstep!
• Katherine Woodard (SLE for Art and CALSA)