2. Who are We?
We are a charity registered in England and Wales under registration number 1105049 and Our registered address is 6 West Street, Comberton, Cambridge CB23 7DS.
We have notified the Information Commissioner’s Office and are registered on the Data Protection Register under registration number [insert registration number].
3. What information do We collect about You?
• We may collect and process the following information about You:information that You provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to Our service, posting material or requesting further services including, but not limited to:
- name and job title;
- contact information including email address; and
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- details of transactions You carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of Your orders;
- details of Your visits to the Website and the resources that You access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Our own billing purposes or otherwise;
- information when You enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Us and when You report a problem with the Website;
- information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers; and
- records of any correspondence that You send us.
4. What We do with Your information that We gather
We require this information to understand Your needs and provide You with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- advertising, marketing and public relations;
- administration of membership records and internal record keeping;
- to improve Our products and services;
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us;
- to allow You to participate in interactive features of Our service; and
- to notify You about changes to Our Service.
If You are an existing user, We will contact You by email, phone, fax or mail with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry. If You do not want Us to use Your Information in this way, or to pass Your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please update Your marketing preferences by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which You request from Us or which We think You may find interesting where You have consented to be contacted for such purposes using the email address which You have provided. We may include in these emails information relating to AccessArt news, services, resources and opportunities. We may also include from time to time information relating to other companies or organisations which We think is relevant and of interest to Our audience.
From time to time, We may also use Your Information to contact You for market research purposes, although You do not have to respond to them. We may contact You by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the Website according to Your interests.
We may keep Your Information for 25 years.
5. Will We transfer Your Information overseas?
The security of Your Information is important to Us. We are committed to ensuring that Your Information is secure. In order to prevent accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, use and all other unlawful forms of processing of Your Information in Our possession, We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures and security measures to safeguard, secure and maintain the safety of Your Information.
7. Financial details
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into Our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, Your Information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on Our servers.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on Your computer’s hard drive and may collect information from Your computer, including where available, Your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to Our advertisers. Once You agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets You know when You visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to estimate Our audience size and usage pattern and to respond to You as an individual. They help Us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. The web application can tailor its operations to Your needs, likes and dislikes, recognise You when You return to the Website and speed up Your searches by gathering and remembering information about Your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps Us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve the Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes about Our users’ browsing actions and patterns without identifying any individual and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help Us provide You with a better website, by enabling Us to monitor which pages You find useful and which You do not. A cookie in no way gives Us access to Your computer or any information about You, other than the data You choose to share with Us.
9. Links to other websites
10. Controlling Your Information
You have the right to ask Us not to use Your Information for marketing purposes. If You have previously agreed to Us using Your Information for direct marketing purposes, You may change Your mind at any time by writing to or emailing Us at email@example.com to change Your marketing preferences, or to unsubscribe.
We will not sell, distribute or lease Your Information to third parties unless We have Your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use Your Information to send You promotional information about third parties which We think You may find interesting if You tell Us that You wish this to happen.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to Our advertisers, but We may provide them with aggregate information about Our users. This is statistical data about Our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may disclose Your Information to third parties:
- if You have consented to Us sharing Your details with carefully selected third parties whose products and services may interest You;
- if We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose Your Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if substantially all of Our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Us about Our users will be one of the transferred assets; and
11. Access to Your Information and correction
You may request details of Your Information which We hold about You under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If You would like a copy of some or all of Your Information that We hold about You please write to AccessArt, 6 West Street, Comberton, Cambridge, CB23 7DS or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure that Your Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask Us to correct or remove any information We are holding on You that you think is incorrect or incomplete, by writing to or emailing Us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect or incomplete.
We hope You will be happy with the way We handle Your Information but if not You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if there is a problem.
12. How to contact Us